Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Smarter than I look . . . or lucky

Thanks to Wilkes-Barre poliblogger Danny Bauder for reminding me just how prescient, or just dumb and lucky, I can be. It was just a smidgen over a year ago that I commented on his blog about how the recently-destroyed Hazleton anti-tolerance ordnance was likely to be eviscerated on preemption grounds. I'd forgotten about that until Danny sent me the link to my little note.

From the Court's smackdown(page 186): We find for the plaintiffs on Count I of the complaint. Federal law pre-empts IIRA and RO. The ordinances disrupt a well-established federal scheme for regulating the presence and employment of immigrants in the United States. They violate the Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution and are unconstitutional.

Heh heh. Just like a broken clock . . . .

1 comment:

Gort said...

You da man