A couple of days ago, a group of activist citizens set out from Philadelphia on foot. Their destination is Washington, DC, where they hope to arrive and lead a rally for health insurance reform on the day before President Obama's Health Insurance Reform Summit. They've named their march "Melanie's March to the Finish Line", in honor of Melanie Shouse. Melanie lost a long battle with breast cancer. She died after not being able to obtain critical health care because she couldn't obtain affordable insurance.
Melanie was a tireless worked on President Obama's campaign and an advocate for health insurance reform. All of the marchers in Melanie's March have similar personal stories driving their advocacy.
- You can support their efforts in a few ways. You can join them for portions of their march (find out how here).
- You can attend one of the events they are sponsoring along the way (more on that here).
- Donations are always helpful and appreciated, in any amount. Donate here.
- Help promote the event with these flyers.
- Sign up to call congress.
- Participate in a virtual march.