Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Why I Blog

I previously served noticed that I wouldn't do another one of these memes. But my predecessors in this chain include such outstanding bloggers like Media Lizzy (who, I hear, has a thing for the portly man), and Blandly Urbane, who tagged me in a drive-by, that it would be presumptuous to decline.

So, five reasons why I blog:

5. My kids are grown and out on their own and my dog doesn't seem too interested in the arcanum to which I am drawn, and much less my opinions on them.

4. It is a form of therapy -- I get to work out my "issues" by pretending I am talking about the "Issues".

3. The gobs of money that the click-pay ads bring in . . . . if I ate at Burger King, it wouldn't pay for a decent meal there . . . .

2. No one can stop me.

1. Because freedom is, indeed, untidy. It is a big, fat, slob of a burden that we all carry. Janis was wrong . . . it means there's a lot left to lose . . . . .

and the next victims are:

Phillybits
John Morgan
Coyote Angry
Patrick Hillman
and, that wacky blogger himself,
Dr. Mahmood Ahmadinejad (now, don't go all nuclear on me Ahmaddy, pal)


Okay, that's it, and this time I mean it . . . .

5 comments:

Not Your Mama said...

LOL, I never dreamed of being on a list with Mahmood Ahmadinejad so I'm going to have to run with it ;).

A Big Fat Slob said...

Now I'm waiting to see if mah man Mahmood posts his list . . . .

Vox Populi said...

Yeah I frigging love your blog, too. Thanks to Media Lizzy I found you.

A Big Fat Slob said...

Vox P., a great pleasure to have you stop by. Thanks so much for the kind words. Please, poke around all you can stand!

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

I'll have to think on this BFS, as I'm not sure I have five solid reasons.