"What kind of citizenry consistently sneers at a candidate like Kucinich who openly declares for world peace to the most militarized nation on earth? (Hell, it's no crime to be three feet tall.)" -- Joe Bageant.
Kucinich's Iraq Plan:
- The U.S. announces it will end the occupation, close the military bases, and withdraw.
- The U.S. announces that it will use existing funds to bring the troops home and the necessary equipment home.
- We will order a simultaneous return of all U.S. contractors to the United States and turn over the contracting work to the Iraqi government.
- We'll convene a regional conference for the purpose of developing a security and stabilization force for Iraq.
- Prepare an international security peacekeeping force to move in, replacing U.S. troops, who then return home.
- Develop and fund a process of national reconciliation.
- We have to once again restart the programs for reconstructions and jobs for the Iraqi people.
- Reparations for the damage that's been done to the lives of Iraqis.
- Assuring the political sovereignty of Iraq and making sure that their oil isn't stolen.
- Repairing the Iraqi economy.
- Economic sovereignty for Iraq. And,
- An international truth and reconciliation process, which establishes a policy of truth and reconciliation between the people of the United States and Iraq.