Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Crossing "Geno's" offa my list

My son goes to college in Philadelphia. Being from The City, I prefer to go there for my fun -- museums, baseball, theatre; but I do enjoy the historical sites in Philly. I've been there on business quite a bit, but those tend to be day trips when I am in and out as quickly as business permits.

So, the upshot is I never really spent much time in Philly. I have been meaning, on one of these trips down to see my son, to check out the famous Philly sub places, including, of course, Geno's.

But now I'll be crossing that place off my list-- to my heart's delight (in every manner of speaking). The reason is simple, I don't give my business (or accept as clients) bigoted assholes like the owner of Geno's, Joseph Vento.

Vento's greasy spoon features a sign saying "This is America. When Ordering Speak English". According to the article in today's Inquirer, this Vento idiot's grandparents came to America and never learned to speak more than broken English. Guess he didn't realize that his own grandparents would not be acceptable customers under his silly policy. He also stupidly said that his grandparents came here legally and "why can't they?".

Vento is too stupid to realize that when his grandparents came here they didn't need an entry visa -- they could just walk right in. Oh, yeah, and this life-long American doesn't seem to know the difference between the 19th and 20th centuries -- referring to the century when his grandparents came here as the "19th". They arrived in 1921.

Philadelphia Will Do got it right when they headlined their blog about this consummate loser "Press 1 for Asshole"; See also: The 14th Windiest State and Philly on the same jerk.

Oh, and if you feel inclined, why not let Joe Vento know how you feel about bigoted assholes. You can reach him at Geno's Steaks, 1219 South 9th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147, PHONE: (215) 389-0659 FAX: (215) 389-4166. Tell him that you don't do business with bigots.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

call up and order in spanish

puedo tener americano del cheesesteak fuera satisfago le agradezco

Anonymous said...

Even better, call up and order in Italian.