Saturday, September 23, 2006

A Little Bird Told Me Something Worth Passing Along

BLOG OF THE WEEK

This week we suggest you take a look at Blue Wren.

This wee bird's search for the truth -- and gas money -- is worth more than a passing glance.

Blue Wren offers intelligent commentary on matters as diverse as dealing with turning 50, death by natural gas, the Zen of Coffee, and a search for lost time, this one triggered by a stray hair in the beans instead of a small French cake, which may bring a tear to your eye as it did mine.

But mostly she writes with grace and insight on the absurdities and unfairness of the nightmare which the Bush Administration has brought to bear. She skillfully skewers Codpiece, as she has taken to referring to President Bush, and the mosh which passes as his policies, and brings a little more truth to light each time.

She writes like I wish I could and reaffirms for me that -- despite the mass of pickup trucks on my local roads sporting Bush stickers -- I am not alone. From her introductory post:
I'm Wren. I'm an American, a disgruntled Democrat, a veteran, a Mom, a wife, an artist and a journalist, a non-believer. I've never been political. But I can't sit silent and watch while America is taken over by the religious right and our democracy and great Constitution are shredded away by inches.

I'm deeply worried about America. I don't want to see the day come when we find ourselves, by virtue of our silence, powerless subjects of an imperial theocracy. I have a lot of questions and not much in the way of answers. But I have a sharp, questing mind and increasingly, feel compelled to speak out.

And so, I'll blog.
Indeed, she does. And for a long time, we hope.

No comments: